Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why are we doing this?


In short:  Because we can.  The flexibility of my job makes it possible for me to work anywhere that has the Internet.  It can sometimes be hard to stay focused while working from home, but I have been able to adjust to it, and now it has unlocked this wonderful opportunity to live internationally.

Siobhan and I both love to travel, and all the excitement that comes with it.  We enjoy exploration, meeting new people, learning about different cultures, and seeking out adventure.  Living in other countries--not just visiting them, but living in them--will give us a perspective, knowledge, and appreciation we could never achieve in a vacation.  Even so, it took a long time for us to officially decide to leave the United States.  We knew that we would miss our families, friends, activities, sports, and all the good things that come with life at home, not to mention how hard it was for Siobhan to leave a good job and set grad school aside for a while.  Still, in the end we realized that we could not pass up this unique opportunity, and that we will be able to return to all of things we love about home after our time abroad ends.

So with our decision made we are off to see what life outside the US is like!

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely elated that you finally decided to start the blog. I will follow it faithfully! You're an awesome writer and I see the foundation for an adventurous book in your blog. I hope you two have an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete